Friday, November 12, 2010

WOMEN


I going to speak about a woman called Elena Caffarena.
Today I don`t remember much about her but when I was in the College, in sixth o seventh grade I did many expositions about the woman, the feminist, the rights, the inequality between in men and women. I was obsessed speaking of this woman.
She was a great fighter by the rights of the woman. As lawyer she dedicated her life by the right to vote of the woman. In that time just the men can to vote for the politics post.
In the years of university student she participated in the FECH. Years later, she founded the Movement of emancipation of women of Chile (MECH). MECH was a feminist group that started the protest in the street. All the worker women and mothers followed to Elena Caffarena.
I think that this woman is a great figure for the country in special for us the women because if she doesn`t have started the protest the women`s vote today would not exist.
Thank for her fight and the fight the all the women in that moment, was possible the vote municipal and late, the universal vote in January 8th of 1949 in the government of Gabriel Gonzalez Videla. .
The sad was Elena Caffarena couldn`t to vote because the President forbade her by he considered he a communist. She never was a militant but she defended to women and the poor people. She finally can vote years later but it was really unfair that she happened her.
She died in 2003. So I don`t met with her but if would have a possibility I say her that I had liked follow her in that time. I had felt ‘bakan’.

2 comments:

  1. i don´t know the name of the women that fight for the feminine vote. but in the first election that the women voted won Ibañez Del Campo, and that not was a very good idea i think

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with CAmila. Anyway, I would have followed her, too.

    ReplyDelete